Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas 'Cookie Baking' Layout

It's been awhile since I posted a layout. The challenge this week at Paper Piecings By Nikki is to do a craft, 8 x8 layout, 12 x 12 layout, etc..using Baking Memories or Beary Christmas sets.  Last night I was cutting out all the amazing new piecings I got from Paper Piecings By Nikki.  She has some amazing new designs and this "Baking Memories Set", really sparked my creative juices.  Here is the cutting file:


Now I was also cutting from another of Nikki's files called, "Very Beary Christmas".  Which looks like this:
Well, after a long day and because I had several projects going at once.  I got the two file piecings mixed up. So if you don't see the images 'exactly' as Nikki made them...you'll know why.  Here's what I came up with for my Baking layout.


My poor bear actually came out really good for getting him confused with a gingerbread man and a Santa bear.  LOL  But it shows how you can mix several of Nikki's sets - which gives you even more 'bang for your buck' and creative license!

 I will be using pictures of my grand-daughters baking with me to put on this page.  The "Time to get Jolly" sentiment on my page is from Creative Charms.  A reminder that I need to take a breath and overlook the flour on the walls and cupboards and just have fun!  Hope you've enjoyed my crazy mixed up layout...please check out Nikki's amazing site to see what she's got for you!!!!  http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/

Make sure you link up your own project using one of these cutting files (or both).  You have a week and she is giving away an amazing bunch of prizes!!!

1 comment:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super fun and yummy lay-out!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Total Pageviews