Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Card with 'Bottle Cap' Piecings!

I just downloaded these adorable Bottle Cap Piecings from Paper Piecing By Nikki.  Now, I must admit that I don't have a 1" circle punch - but I have just put one on my Christmas List!!!  I cut these out by hand, and they came out pretty good for '50 something' eyes who couldn't find her reading glasses!

Mini Bottle Caps from http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/

Here's my card.  First I printed off the bottle caps on some shiny photo paper.  Then I used my brand new Martha Stewart all over punch and punched out this lacy design.  The bottle caps fit PERFECTLY in the center of the design flower!!  They attach beautifully with a little glue dot and look like they are floating.  I really love how quick this came together!

Nikki is offering these caps in two sizes - a 1" and a mini for the same price!  I hope I can get her to make them one size bigger too....or maybe two!!!

Thanks for looking, I'd love to hear how you use bottle cap piecings!

4 comments:

Georgiana said...

Cute idea! Your circles look perfect.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

girlia said...

Great job!

Karen said...

Patti thanks so much for joining my challenge love the way you did this card the bottle caps are a fabulous idea! The bright colors are stunning against the white and kraft!

Lori Comeau said...

These are amazing. I love how you punched out the lace for the backdrop. Great job.
http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

Total Pageviews