Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Scrapbook Layout and Card

Welcome back to another day of Getting Cricky inspiration.  I just received "Southern Sayings" which is a new stamp set at K. Andrew Designs.  WOW!  It is one of my favorites.  Even if you are not from the south, this is a cute, cute, cute set of stamps.

My first project just cracks me up.  We have an over-abundance of skunks in the neighborhood this summer and everyone seems to have a 'skunk' story.  When Paper Piecings By Nikki came out with this paper piecing, I just knew the card I had to make!  Here it is:
I will include my "super skunk off" scent remover recipe with this.  This is a good one to have taped to the inside of your medicine cabinet if you live in an area with lots of skunks.

1 Quart Hydrogen Peroxide
1/4 cup of baking soda
1 teas laundery detergent

Just pour over the dog or cat and work into their coat.  Let it sit until almost dry and then rinse.  This doesn't 'cover' the scent, it actually does take it away.  Unfortunately, if you own a cat or a dog who has actually decided to take a bite out of the skunk, it will do nothing for the breath....

My second project is a layout I made with my grand-daughters as they helped make chocolate chip cookies...They had more fun 'stealing' the cookie dough when I wasn't looking, than actually baking the cookies...but, oh, what memories we have!

I used the BFF file at Paper Piecings By Nikki and Nana's Kitchen paper stack to create this page.  It makes me smile every time I look at it!!

Thanks so much for taking a peek at my project today!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That skunk card makes me laugh every time I see it!! And what an awesome layout!! The pictures are so cute!! :)

Lisa :)
A Mermaid's Crafts

Total Pageviews