Sunday, June 3, 2012

Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky

WOW!!!  It's that time of the week.  It's the Simply Sunday Challenge here at Getting Cricky.  Our theme this week?  SUMMERTIME    As part of this amazing Design Team, I have a secret for you!  STAND BACK and WATCH OUT!  Kristal Andrew Design Stamps has a whole bunch of surprises in store for you this summer.  Some of you may know that she has recently released a bunch of new stamp sets.  I have used two of these new sets in my projects for today.  The first is "Even More Food For Thought".

Aren't these fantastic????   I can't wait to use the "Plum Crazy" stamp for a photo layout of my hubby's Plum Crazy colored GTO!!!!  Here's a card I made using this new stamp set.

Another amazing set that will be available for pre-order soon, is called "Beautiful Thoughts".  If you are a fan of Kristal's "Positive Thoughts" stamp set, then you will HAVE to get this new one.  One of my favorite sentiments is "Today I will be happier than a bird with a french fry".  My project uses the sentiment, "Kindness Returns".  The simple teddy bear is perfect for this simple but true sentiment.

I used the same paper palette from Close To My Heart.  The 'Dotty For You" paper pack was featured last month and I have to admit, I bought several.  These papers just seemed to 'scream' summertime and I had to use them on these cards.

You may notice that I have some twine on these cards.  This is another surprise from Kristal Andrew!!!  She is now carrying twine and at $5 for 100 yards, it's a steal.  Very heavy and fun to use!

Thanks so much for taking a peek at my projects for this Simply Sunday Summertime Challenge.  Can't wait to see what you all come up with.  Make sure you check out all the new stamps available - and keep your eyes out for some new releases!!!!  It's going to be an exciting summer at K. Andrew Designs and Getting Cricky!!!


6 comments:

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Very nice cards I love the ice cream and the sun super summery!! Can't wait to see what Kristal has in store!!
Kristan

Lisa said...

Both cards are just fabulous, Patti!! I love the happy ice cream cone...how fun!! And the bear is so adorable!! Awesome cards :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Getting Cricky DT - Sister

Aim said...

Both of your cards are absolutely PRECIOUS!! I just love all the paper-piecing that you do -- You really have a talent for it!! :)

BIG HUGS from your Getting Cricky DT Sister,
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

Gloria said...

They are both such cute cards! Can't wait to play with the new sets!

Precious Hugs
OmaGloria
Getting Cricky DT Member

Unknown said...

The bear is adorable and I simply love the Cherry-o sentiment. The ice cream cone is darling. Two fabulous cards my friend!
Heather
Getting Cricky DT sister

Jenscrapstoo said...

These cards are so stinkin' adorable!! I am just lovin' all you are doing with these images!! Cheers Jennie
Jenscrapstoo

Total Pageviews