Thursday, January 5, 2012

My First Silhouette Cameo Project

My wonderful hubby got me a cameo for Christmas.  If you don't know what a cameo is - well it's a machine, much like the cricut, but it uses no cartridges.  All those wonderful SVG files, etc. that are out there on the web - you can cut on the silhouette.  At first, I hadn't a clue as to what to do.  But, after watching a Youtube video or two - I'm having the time of my life.

Here's my first project.


As you can see, it even cut out all those tiny gumballs!  I'm just so impressed.   This paper piecing file comes from Paper Piecings By Nikki and the sentiment is from one of my favorite stamp sets "Positive Thoughts" by Kristal Andrews.  Here's the stamp set, as you can see, they are VERY much a "have to have" set. 

The piecing file is also very versitile and looks like this:

Thank you all for taking a peek.  I'd love to hear about your favorite things...is it a stamp set?  ..A company you just love? ....paper that you can't live without????  Please leave me a comment and let me know...

3 comments:

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Well much like you, my fave right now is also my new Cameo ;). Awesome, right? Congrats on your new toy!

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

This is so cute and the very reason i want a cameo, i love love love the look of paper piecing and you can't get that with a cricut!! I love my stamps(k andrew of course)
Kristan
Getting Cricky JR. DTM-Sister

girlia said...

cute.

Total Pageviews