Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Checking in with a cupcake project


My Grandest-daughter, Lexi, 4, and I were walking around the herb garden this morning.  She loves it when I tell her about the herbs and what they are used for.  "Why do you have flowers in your garden, Nana?"  "Well, Lexi, some flowers are edible and look pretty in a salad or on a cupcake."   Can you see where this conversation was leading.  By 10:00 this morning we had a dozen cupcakes made, decorated with freshly picked nastursiams and johnny-jump-ups.  Of course "Life's a Party" cricut cartridge came in handy for the cupcake wrappers, and we used the "Tags, Bags, Boxes and More" paper pack for the wrapper.  Lexi decorated her very own white wrapper with lots of hearts, bling and Disney Princess Stickers. 

Now...if only she will wait til after lunch to eat her cupcake.....hmmmmmmm!!!!

5 comments:

Linda Therrien said...

looks like a fun day in Nana's kitchen - is she going to try to eat the edible flowers?

Jessica Buffa said...

How cool! I have a ton of herbs and flowers that I wouldn't know the first thing about what to use them for....LOL! Beautiful cupcakes and such a pretty little girl. I'm curious...did she wait until after lunch?
:O)
Jessica

Sherry said...

Tell Lexi that I said she did a great job.
Sherry

Tara said...

I had no idea there were such pretty edible flowers! Thanks for sharing your project and you had just the perfect helper/model :)
Tara

Dina said...

what beautiful eyes on her!! looks like you had fun! Hugs! Dina

Total Pageviews