Thursday, June 16, 2011

Color Challenge Project

This week the Creative Sisters Monday Challenge was to create something using only one color.  You could use all different shades and textures, but just one color.  I chose blue and an envelope album for my project. 


I used a manila envelope for a pattern and cut my envelopes out of two different blue papers.  Then I added embelishments.  I joined the album together with a ring.

My grandest-daughter, Lexi, is 4 years old and she tells the most outrageous stories you can imagine.  I write the funniest ones down in a journal and will embelish those pages and place them in the envelopes, along with any other "memorabilia" that just can't be scrapbooked.

This color challenge really was a CHALLENGE!!!   I found myself constantly reaching for something with a different color or pattern and reminding myself that I had to stay with blue.

Thank you Karen, my Guest Designer for challenging us!  Make sure you stop by http://www.littlescrappieces.blogspot.com/ and check out all her fabulous creations!  She's has some amazing things - a very talented lady!

Remember to link up your project - there are still a few days left - and those that enter this challenge and my sisters challenge next Monday, will be entered to win the P R E S E R V E S  Cartridge!  Good Luck!

3 comments:

Karen said...

I love this the idea of the envelopes it's like little time capsules. The soft blue tones are so pretty...I don't have any grandchildren yet but I how with three daughters one day in the future there will be some... :)

girlia said...

Love the colors of these envelopes.

Jessica Buffa said...

Great idea for an ambitious little girl!
:O)
Jessica

Total Pageviews