Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Come For Tea....Tea For Two Card

Here is a card with a feature I just loved!  "Steam"  I used a bit of tulle, cut about 1" to 1 1/2" wide.  Pushed it through the cups and taped down - around the tea pot and into the next cup.  Really adds texture to the card.  I used the Cricut "A Child's Year" cartridge.
Come for Tea Card Using Cricuts "A Child's Year" Cartridge



Inside view of "Come for Tea" Card.


Using "A Child's Year" cartridge for the Cricut, cut out the tea pot on page 67 at 2 1/2" , two cups at 1 1/4" and the tag for your tea bag (inside) at 2".  The card is made from a 10 x 5 1/2" card stock, folded in half.  The first layer is cut 5 1/4" x 4 3/4" - Second Layer is cut 4 1/4 x 5".  You will need 10" of 1/4" ribbon, 1" border punched piece 5 1/2" long - 1/2" word strip (I made mine in "word" on my computer), 12" piece of tulle cut 1" to 1 1/2" wide as desired.  I used a chocolate stamp pad to ink all my pieces. 

The inside of the card is layered with a 5 1/4" x 4 3/4 print piece and then a 4 1/4" x 5" solid piece.  The tea bag holder is from a template (You could also use the paper bag the tea bag comes in as a template).  I used a "miss you" stamp in chocolate brown to pull together the sentiments. 

Embellish the tea pot and cups in anyway you want.  Stickers, blink, odds and ends from your cricut stash....HAVE FUN!

2 comments:

Linda Therrien said...

Really like how you used the netting for the steam - great idea!

ScrappyScavenger said...

I love Tea Pots! Great Job!

Total Pageviews